I’m always looking for a great recipe that includes protein, and today I’m going to share one with you that was found on the internet, slightly adjusted, and the results were awesome! The recipe is for Pumpkin Protein Bars and since it came out great, I want to share!
- 1-1/2 cups pumpkin (not pumpkin pie filling)
- 3/4 cup egg whites (about 6 egg whites)
- 3 tablespoons pure maple extract, plus more for drizzling later
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup Purely Inspired Plant Based Vanilla Flavored Protein
- 1/2 cup Truvia
- 1 tablespoon pumpkin pie spice, plus 2 teaspoons
- 1 cup quick oats
- 1/3 cup chopped pecans
- Preheat oven to 350°F and line an 8X8 pan with parchment paper, spraying with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, stir together the pumpkin, egg whites, maple syrup and vanilla extract.
- In a medium bowl, stir together Purely Inspired Plant Based Vanilla Flavored Protein and the pumpkin pie spice.
- Add the protein powder into the mixture along with the quick oats and stir until well combined.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan and smooth out evenly. Sprinkle with chopped pecans and drizzle with maple syrup.
- Bake until the center feels set and pulls away from the side, about 35-40 minutes.
- Let cool completely at room temperature and slice into bars and serve!
Because of the soft pumpkin, egg whites and using quick oats, these bars are very soft, but then they have a little crunch to them with the pecan topping texture. Since the bars come together in about five minutes, as long as you have the ingredients, these bars are a quick fix too!
Lucky for me (and you), Purely Inspired protein mix comes in chocolate, strawberry and vanilla, so I will continue to try various recipes I create and/or find on the internet and if they taste halfway decent, I will share them with you!
I truly appreciate that Purely Inspired provided me with complimentary product in exchange for this, my personal and honest opinion and unbiased review.